Your First Visit
What To Expect
Upon your arrival at My Smile Orthodontist, check-in with one of our friendly receptionists. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
Your treatment coordinator will walk you through the steps of collecting diagnostic records. From there, Dr. Neil Mandalia will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of your treatment.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
Diagnostic records consist of photographs, digital study models, and a 3D X-Ray to make a patient portfolio for review. Studying a patient’s captured diagnostic records is how an orthodontist determines the best course of treatment.
Dr. Mandalia utilizes cutting-edge intra-oral scans and cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) x-rays to capture a detailed visualization of a patient’s teeth, surrounding tissue and underlying bone. These technologies allow for the precise assessment of: Jaw Development, Airway Obstruction, Tooth Eruption Patterns, Tooth Dimensions and so much more!
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment is dependent on the severity of each patient’s individual case. Your treatment coordinator will discuss the treatment investment and various payment options during your initial consultation. If treatment is required, we offer a variety payment plans to suit your budget. We are also in-network with most PPO insurance plans and work hard to make treatment affordable and convenient for our patients.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Diagnostic Records including digital photos, 3D x-rays and digital impressions.
- Any and all visits during observational or active phases. This includes both planned and un-planned emergency visits
- At least one set of final retainers following the completion of treatment. Additional or replacement retainers are available for purchase as needed.
- Post-treatment visits to monitor and ensure the longevity of treatment results. We typically see our patients for up to a year upon the completion of treatment.” (underneath all of this: *Your treatment investment will not include any dental work performed at another office outside of our orthodontic practices.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.
How Do I Get Started?
Once you are seen for your complimentary consultation, if treatment is recommended, we have the ability to get you started as soon as that same day! Your treatment coordinator will guide you through the process of setting up your financial plan, scheduling your next appointment and ordering any necessary appliances for your treatment. You will leave the office with a complete understanding on how to transform your smile with the help of our office!